GESTIÓ VIÀRIA, S.L. (Gestvia) with registered address at Plaza Constitution 9 in the city of Calella, in the province of Barcelona, was founded on January 29, 1998.
The company is a business association of the Municipality of Calella (established with 100% municipal capital), by virtue of which it will be governed by its Statutes, by the Corporations Act, and by applicable local regulations.
The company is registered in the Barcelona Companies Register in volume 30903, folio 171, sheet B-180304, 4a – NIF (Tax ID Number) B61568820.
The company's purpose is to:
- Develop, construct, and operate car parks and other logistical services related to traffic and transportation.
- Create developed residential, tertiary, and industrial land and facilities.
- Remodel and renovate urban areas.
- Prepare management plans, development projects and works, and the urban planning and management documents included in urban planning regulations. The company's development work includes both land preparation and urban renovation or remodeling as well as the authorization of urban infrastructure works and the provision of services for implementing management plans.
- Promotion, construction and renovation of a full range of buildings for services and public use and industrial, social and residential activities.
- Performance of municipal-level duties assigned by the Calella City Council in relation to housing, the city, infrastructure, land policy and the management and operation of both heritage and public municipal assets.
To this end, the company can assume municipal powers that are delegable and manageable in the form of a commercial company, in accordance with urban planning legislation, upon express delegation, as applicable, by the plenary session of the Calella City Council.
- Research, information and consulting services, as well as collaboration with research and technical activities related to housing and urban planning.
- Structure itself as a special city entity regulated by Articles 22 and 23 of the Urban Planning Law 2/2002, of March 14, and in this condition, if so agreed by the City Council, may develop any figure of urban planning, definitively formulate, process and approve the corresponding management instruments, monitor the management of individuals, or directly or indirectly implement urban planning, and receive the mandatory and free transfer of land corresponding to the applicable percentage on the urban development of the scope of corresponding action, if so agreed by the City Council.
As of 2013, the company expanded its activity with the addition of two new services:
- Calella's "El Carrilet" passenger transport service.
- Calella’s towing service.
The Company's capital stock is €2,400,017.94, fully subscribed and paid by the Calella City Council, and is therefore a single-member company.